The Bioparco is one of the oldest zoos in Europe, in fact, born in 1911.
It currently houses about 1,000 animals belonging to over 200 different species of mammals , reptiles and birds and is inserted into a botanical environment among the most interesting of the ancient city with over 1000 trees some of which are rare and centenarians.
learning while having fun
WEEKEND AT BIOPARCO
- Free guided tours in the company of guides WWF *
- Activities to discover and contact with certain species : monkeys , reptiles and pets - prepared by the staff of the Bioparco .
- Meals animals in the company of the staff of Bioparco .
- Space Children: an area completely dedicated to children who , in the company of skilled operators , are involved in activities and games.
- For stay : from June to September , Summer Camp for children ages 4 to 13
Viale del Giardino Zoologico, 20 Roma (Villa Borghese)
(* From September to June )
- The pathways : the Bio-park reservation on guided tours in the company of guides WWF for schools, groups and associations. Particularly rich programming dedicated to the schools, from kindergarten through high school.
- The botanical garden : promenade in the green Bioparco, you can admire a botanical context among the most beautiful part of the city , that of Villa Borghese.
Storage in a zoo. What does that mean ?
The modern zoos , including the Bioparco, are grouped in associations that cooperate with each other through projects for the preservation of nature. one of these projects is the captive breeding of endangered species. Currently participating in the Bioparco 19 EEP ( European Programme for Endangered Species ) . But the most important conservation work that zoos accomplish is indirect , through the dissemination and public awareness to the problems that threaten the wild fauna and flora and transmission of love and respect for nature.
Services and relaxation
To make a pleasurable visit to the Bioparco are available the following services to the public :
- A welcome center and information
- 4 bars and restaurant
- A store of gadgets
Green area - wide and picnic on the lake , and a play area for children to make the day to Bioparco more relaxing and fun to adults and children.
- A convenient parking at the entrance to arrive at Bioparco by car or tour buses .
29 October to 24 March :9.30 -17 .00
March 25 to October 28 : 9:30 to 18:00
Special opening :
April 30 to September 30 : 9:30 to 19:00
( Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays)
input allowed until 60 minutes before closing